Thursday, May 8, 2008

Chicken Spaghetti Mediocrity


Last night I attempted to make Chicken Spaghetti and the results were mediocre at best.

I used Tyson Chicken which I've found to be hit or miss in terms of the cut and excess fat. Your better bet is store brand from somewhere like Target or Wal-Mart.

The name of the dry spaghetti I used slips my mind for some reason, but I have no complaints about it really as it's pretty hard to mess that up...unless you just try to over-cook it.

The spaghetti sauce was "Garlic and Herb" by Hunt's. Not an overly sophisticated sauce, but also not horrible by any means.

I cooked my chicken first in a pan with a little butter, sea salt and multi-color pepper corns. This turned out well despite the fact that pan-fried chicken isn't easy on such a limited budget and limited spices and herbs.

I then set the spaghetti on for 8-9 minutes and prepared the sauce to put on the heat. After everything was done, I put the spaghetti down, then salt and peppered it, added sauce and then put on the chicken.

The result wasn't inedible...it was just dull...maybe I didn't use enough salt or pepper...maybe I should have seasoned the chicken better...or even made more chicken to put in. I'm not sure, but one this is for sure, the next time I make spaghetti, I'll be using good old fashioned meat balls.

Bon Apitité, as long as you're not eating with me on this streak...

(((03))) (photo by Quan Nguyen)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home