Monday, April 14, 2008

Experto crede

"Experto crede's" literal Latin translation is, "believe one who has had experience". In the case of this blog, I hold that to be true in every sense as I will be writing about what I experience regarding food.

As a writer, I find myself in constant need of typing and I sometimes write e-mails never sent, and blogs never posted just so I can be writing. One thing that's often puzzled me (as well as people that really know me) is that I watch an absorbent amount of The Food Network which brought about the question, "Why should I not blog about food?"

The reason I hadn't yet was simple... I don't cook. Sure I bake the occasional batch of cookies, but the fact is that I have no patience for ultra complex menus and I most definitely don't have the money for them.

Why then do I watch so many shows about cooking and the subjects of food? The answer is simple, there is no drama in food (except for maybe your Ramsay element) and I could watch all day long, and often times do just that.

This blog will talk about places I go and have been, it will talk about what I actually try and succeed or fail at and it will be about shows I enjoy on the subject of food and cooking. Don't worry that I'm a critical snob. I have no training in the culinary arts, nor do I claim to have an extensive pallet. What I do have is taste buds, and this is my blog, my opinion and my chance to share some of what I think and feel about food.

More importantly though, it's yet another excuse for me to write. My request is that you not totally trust me as I mentioned in the beginning. Your pallet is your pallet and should be trusted above all others. You can trust that I'll tell you what works and doesn't work for me, but just as with any food critic, opinions that try to distract from individuality are nothing short of juvenile and ignorant when it comes to food. But then, that's my opinion...

(((03)))

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't cook, but I do look forward to reading about your ventures. :)

Your sarcastic tone will find its way on the pages of your food blogger. ;)

~ Excited!

April 15, 2008 at 10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home