Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Easiest Chicken Burritos and the first (and definitely not last) post about Ranch Style Beans


For the record, I like easy...VERY easy. So when I got hungry last night I pulled out two moderately sized frozen chicken breasts to thaw and started to wonder how I would prepare them. I wandered over to my pantry and looked for a side and spotted 2 cans I had left of Ranch Style Beans. I buy 2-6 cans every time I get groceries as they are versatile, cheap and they taste amazing.

When I was a child, my Uncle Matt drove a truck for Ranch Style for like a million years and I grew up on them. We didn't have a lot of money then either so out of necessity we ate them a lot, but I still never got tired of them. On the contrary, I eat a can at least once a week and don't see myself ever growing out of them.

Back to dinner. I'd made my burritos (recipe upcoming) many times but always with beef, would it work with chicken? It was time to find out.

I pan fried the 2 breasts with some butter, sea salt and pepper corn and that's it. While those cooked, I set the beans up on low heat and warmed my tortillas. After the chicken was cooked, I cut them into planks, loaded them on the tortillas, covered with the beans and sprinkled with cheese.

I have to admit they looked really good! I wish I had a camera to show how well they turned out. I sat down with a can of Diet Sprite, turned on The Last Mimzy and took my first bite. HOLY COW (eh...hmm, chicken), these were DELICIOUS!!! Cheap, fast AND REALLY GOOD?!?! You bet, and it was actually the first time I'd done up chicken so well with so little resources too.

2 small chicken breasts
1 can Ranch Style beans
4 flour tortillas
1 to 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar
(pepper sauce optional, but really not needed)


All in all, I give this meal a 7 out of 10 as it was really tasty, really fast and really cheap! Try it yourself. It's good for bachelors, broke people and moms in need of something quick and easy.

(((03))) (photo by alaskaVeg*n)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home